Duration: 1 day.
Ideal for: Anyone who may require an overview of electrical safety risks, particularly, electricians, maintenance workers and supervisors.
Course Aims: To provide delegates with the knowledge required to work safely with electricity. It focuses on specific electrical hazards found in the workplace and the methods which can be adopted to minimize or eliminate those hazards.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to
- Understand current legislation, regulations, duties, standards and guidance.
- Understand the construction of systems, earthing, excess current protection and explosion protection, weather and adverse environment protectio
- Implement safe working practices
- Appreciate the implications of isolation, permits to work, locking off
- Carry out risk assessments- Recognise the need for competence levels and authorisation requirements for work
- Develop safe systems of work and understand the need to
- Basic rules of electricity
- Common electrical-related injuries and effects of electricity on the human body
- Actions to take in an electrical emergency
- Common electrical hazards
- Factors related to overhead power line safetys
- Use of workplace exposure limits
- Factors affecting assessment of risk
- Control methods to avoid or eliminate or control electrical hazards
- Developing safe systems of work and working procedure
On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a Guardian Compliance training certificate.
For Health & Safety, Environmental Management and Quality Management, Guardian Compliance has the perfect solution to suit every budget from SME’s to corporate clients.
Contact us today on 0141 465 1890 for a FREE no obligation quote.
Or email your requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org