Duration: 1 day.
Ideal for: Employees who need to be conversant in how to carry out a control of substances hazardous to health (CoSHH) risk assessment.
Course Aims: To provide delegates with the appropriate knowledge and practical skills they need to undertake effective workplace CoSHH assessments with confidence.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to
- Outline legal requirements for control of hazardous substances and the processes which derive hazardous substances
- Outline a general strategy for control of occupational health risks
- Explain the nature of exposure limits and control limits
- Describe the main routes of entry to absorbing areas of the body
- Outline control strategies for hazardous substances and biological agents
- Develop and use a simple risk assessment model for a range of hazardous substance risks
- Recognise the hierarchy of control to be applied to each risk
- Reasons for conducting CoSHH risk assessments
- Legislation relating to CoSHH risk assessment
- Hazardous substances and their effects on the body
- The main classifications for hazardous substances
- Interpreting information from safety data sheets
- Use of workplace exposure limits
- Factors affecting assessment of risk
- Risk control strategies
- Recording the findings of a CoSHH risk assessment
- The hierarchy of controls that apply to hazardous substances
On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a Guardian Compliance training certificate.
For Health & Safety, Environmental Management and Quality Management, Guardian Compliance has the perfect solution to suit every budget from SME’s to corporate clients.
Contact us today on 0141 465 1890 for a FREE no obligation quote.
Or email your requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org