Duration: 1 day.
Ideal for: Individuals in organisations who have been given the responsibility to undertake an assessment under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations and provide competent advice.
Course Aims: To enable delegates to undertake a manual handling assessment and make appropriate recommendations to control manual handling risks as outlined in the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to
- Appreciate how the spine functions and how unsafe manual handling techniques can lead to acute and cumulative injuries
- The requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations and associated guidance.
- Identify manual handling hazards within the workplace and appreciate the concept of risk assessment and safe systems of work.
- Recognise safe handling principles associated manual handling operations
- Causative factors and types of musculoskeletal injuries
- Basic principles of anatomy and physiology
- Avoiding musculo-skeletal injuries
- Ergonomics and risk assessment
- Principles of good posture and efficient movement
- Reasons for conducting manual handling risk assessments
- Common injuries from manual handling operations
- Vulnerable groups at risk
- Factors in a manual handling risk assessment
- Identifying and evaluating existing control measures
- Making recommendations based on the findings
- Applying a hierarchy of controls
On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a Guardian Compliance training certificate.
For Health & Safety, Environmental Management and Quality Management, Guardian Compliance has the perfect solution to suit every budget from SME’s to corporate clients.
Contact us today on 0141 465 1890 for a FREE no obligation quote.
Or email your requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org